Fennel seeds are a common sight in our kitchen cabinets, mainly for enhancing the flavours of dishes. It basically works to season the food. The unassuming fennel seeds have countless uses when consumes internally as well as used externally. Here are a few tips about how fennel can be used to great advantage.
- Fennel is an excellent mouth freshener and helps combat bad breath. Crushed fennel when boiled with water and the strained, cooled mix is an excellent cure of colicky babies.
- Women who face monthly irregularities in their periods felt effective cure to their problem.
- For those who experience stomach upsets due to indigestion, gas and constipation feel great relief when they consumed tea with fennel seeds in it.
- People with regular episodes of cough and cold and respiratory track congestion have experienced instant decongestion of the cough.
- Fennel infused tea is given to women who have delivered to facilitate the flow of breast milk and induce lactation.
- A fennel infusion is ideal to help provide relief to strained eyes.
- Crushed fennel is ideal to get rid of ticks and parasites from pets and other domesticated animals.
- The concoction of fennel roots and leaves are a great healer for those who have been bitten by snakes. Fennel helps to balance poison in vegetables like mushrooms to name a few.
- An excellent fennel based pack which one must try is best bet for natural glow. Mix about three heapfuls of honey with same proportion of crushed oats, fresh natural yoghurt. Now make a concoction of three small spoons of crushed fennel in hot water and let it come to room temperature and strain it. Use about three tablespoons of this strained mixture with the above ingredients and gently apply it over the face. Let the pack remain for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off to reveal great glowing skin.
- Fennel oil when used in combination with olive oil, almond oil, aloe vera, lemon juice is an excellent way to reduce hair loss which occurs due to harsh environmental battering and gives soft and conditioned locks.
- The blend of dried, grinded orange peels, sage, crushed fennel, lemon juice is the ideal weekly face pack to maintain a healthy skin.
- For healthy, quick growth of hair, try the potent mix of pureed avocado, sunflower oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, a few spoons dried onion powder to the crushed mix of two garlic, cloves, cinnamon, spoonful of crushed fennel, dried ginger powder, sage and rosemary.